I really love this yarn (Lion Brand Wool). As you can see, it made some really neat patterns, a new one after each short row. I used the Sheepy Pants soaker pattern again, which I'm becoming quite attached to. This time I made the legs shorter - 2 inches - but they still ended up a little longer than I wanted. I'm hoping to make enough soakers to have Aiden in all wool this summer.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
My first attempt at making a reusable swiffer cover. This was a fairly simple pattern that creates a color and texture effect that looks really complicated (until you know the secret). I think I should have repeated a row or two again since it looks a little small on my swiffer. I definitely plan on making more of these (ideally using a hot water wash yarn next time).
Posted by J at 10:30 PM
Monday, May 4, 2009
I had a lot of trouble with this pattern at first and held off telling my brother I was making him a kippah for his wedding until I was sure it would turn out decent (and be finished in time). In the end it turned out really well and I'll be sending it to my brother in a few days. I'm itching to make a couple more (one for myself and one for Aiden), but I've got a list of other projects that the yarn is piling up for, so that will have to wait at least until I complete another project or two.
Posted by J at 9:58 PM