My first wrap has been kind of an experimental piece. I didn't want to use velcro since I was worried it would damage the wrap if it got stuck to the yarn, and I was afraid that if I used buttons, Aiden would pull them off. So I decided to try snaps.I attached them to pieces of felt and then sewed the felt to the wrap. That worked pretty well, but the problem was that on the loosest and tightest setting, the front or back felt showed a lot. So following Christy's suggestion, I added a short tie so the flaps would be held to the body of the wrap and the ties would cover the felt. It seems to work pretty well, although the edges do not stay around the legs as tightly as I would like.