Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Aiden's new booties

Aiden has finally outgrown the first pair of booties I made him, so I made a bigger pair from another pattern in the same book. I’m getting better at modifying patterns to add holes for a tie. I used the same technique as in the tight knitted boxy mittens pattern, binding off two stitches in one row and then m2k stitches I the same place on the next row. It makes for good, sturdy holes that don’t disappear as the pattern is stretched and pulled. I’m still looking for a good alternative to an i-cord (I made a double-stranded one this time to match the two colors in the booties).

No comments: